Baking Boot Camp I&II
Share this page:
Take This Course
Click the button to chat with a customer service representative.
What You Will Gain:
- Understand fundamental baking principles, including ingredient functions, temperature control, and baking techniques.
- Develop time management and organizational skills while baking
- Prepare a variety of cookies, cakes, cupcakes and breads effectively
- Understand the importance of food safety and proper hygiene practices in the kitchen.
- Follow recipes accurately, measure ingredients correctly, and use various baking tools and equipment effectively.
Week 1 & 2: Baking Basics
Understanding the Foundations of Baking
- Introduction to the course and safety guidelines
- Understanding baking terminologies, ingredients, scaling and measurement techniques
- Exploring essential ingredients and their functions in a variety of baking preparations
Cookies Galore Part I
- Introduction to different types of cookies and techniques for shaping cookies: three types will be done: drop cookies, rolled cookies, and cut-out cookies
- Essential ingredients and tools for cookie making
- Classic chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and peanut butter cookies
- Checkerboard cookies
Cookies Galore Part II
- Fundamentals of royal icing; cookie decorating using royal icing
- Cookie decorating using fondant
Week 3 : Cake Making
Become a Cake Boss!
- Cupcakes and frosting
- Cupcake basics: vanilla and chocolate
- Easy flavor add-ins to a basic cake mixture
- Buttercream frosting – tinting, flavouring and consistency
- Piping and decorative techniques for cupcakes
Week 4: Bread Making
The Art of Bread Making
- Introduction to yeast and the 12 steps of bread making
- Classic white and whole wheat breads
- Shaping classic and plaited/braided loaves
- Dinner rolls – preparation of a variety of shapes
- Customizing basic bread doughs with a variety of mix ins
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not see a next session date for this course, you can still register today and we will notify you as soon as a new date is published. You can then make payments after a date is confirmed.
Submit the registration form on this page. You may need to verify your email address if you are a first time customer. Once completed, the course will be added to your cart and you must complete checkout and make payment.
Yes! We can offer you the option to make a 50% down payment and the balance will be payable.
Cash payments are made at the bank. Account details will be provided after you register.
Yes you will receive your certificate upon completion if all fees haven been paid.