THTI offers interested students several options to meet the requirements for enrolling into any of our Associate Degree Programmes. Review the list below which ONE best describes your current qualifications:
Caribbean Examinations Council CSEC (Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate) at General or Technical Proficiency:
- Five (5) subjects (English and Mathematics are compulsory) at Grades I, II and Ill* OR
- Four (4) subjects (English and Mathematics are compulsory) at Grades I, II and Ill*, and at least one (1) year’s work experience in the Hospitality Industry
*Grade III will require a placement test for the subject.
Five (5) subjects (English and Mathematics are compulsory) at Grades A, B, and C OR
Four (4) subjects (English and Mathematics are compulsory) at Grades A, B, and C, and at least one (1) year’s work experience in the Hospitality Industry.
Admission to the any of the PATH THTI Programme is based on satisfaction of the following pre-requisites:
Be at least eighteen (18) years of age before the date of application
Pass a basic Math & English evaluation test
Tuition & Fees
Trinidad and Tobago Nationals and Residents
|Tuition Fees||Culinary Studies||Food & Beverage Studies||Hospitality Studies|
|Year 1- Semester 1||8,400||7,560||7,140||7,140|
|Year 1- Semester 2||7,350||5,880||5,880||6,930|
|Year 1- Semester 3||4,550||4,550||3,500||3,500|
|Year 2- Semester 1||7,350||4,200||5,250||5,600|
|Year 2-Semester 2||6,720||7,770||5,880||6,650|
No. of Credits
International Students/ Non-Residents
PATH THTI Programme
- The GATE Programme (Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses) provides financial assistance to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, who are pursuing approved programmes at public and private tertiary level institutions (local and regional). The GATE Programme is managed by the Funding and Grants Administration Division of the Ministry of Education (MOE).
- All the rules regarding student eligibility for GATE funding is available on the Ministry of Education’s website. All applications for GATE funding will include a mandatory means test based on household income. Failure to complete the means test will disqualify the application from being considered for GATE funding.
- To apply for GATE funding, students are advised to start the process by completing the GATE eService ID registration process via the ttconnect website. You can also visit a ttconnect Service Centre or call them toll-free at 800-TTCN(8826).
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the GATE eService process can be accessed via GATE eService.
- With effect from August 2020, funding under the GATE Programme will be provided for only one (1) undergraduate level programme (certificate, diploma, associate degree or bachelor’s degree).
- THTI is a GATE approved institution. Currently, up to $4,500 of the total tuition fees for the 2-year Associate Degree Programme is GATE eligible. The student will have to pay the balance of the tuition fees along with all annual student administrative fees.
- THTI’s current tuition fees are being reviewed by the Ministry of Education’s GATE programme. All enrolled students will be informed if the level tuition fees eligible for GATE will change before the start of the academic year.
- All our Associate Degree Programmes are accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT). To find out more information about accreditation status, please visit http://www.actt.org.tt/
OTHER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMMES
- The Tobago House of Assembly (THA) provides financial assistance for residents of Tobago who experience difficulty covering costs associated with tertiary studies through the Department of Advanced Training and Advisory Services (DATAS).
- The Financial Assistance Studies Programme (FASP) is a government initiative designed to assist students in the pursuit of a post-secondary qualification or first undergraduate qualification. The assistance is given in the form of a grant and acts as a supplementary fund to which applying does not guarantee funding.
- The Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) is available to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago under 50 years of age who have been accepted and are enrolled in a tertiary level programme within CARICOM. The loan covers expenses such as tuition, accommodation, books, etc.
- THTI Scholarship Programme: All THTI students that are genuine and passionate about pursuing studies in Culinary Arts, Tourism and Hospitality to apply are invited to apply for our scholarship programme which covers a full-time enrolled student’s annual fee and meals for the academic year.
Dates & Deadlines
Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute has a rolling enrollment for all of its programmes. Please contact us directly regarding dates and deadlines for the specific program you are interested in.
How to Apply
Simple Steps to Register
Collect all supporting documents:
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Card
- Two (2) passport size photos
- Original Certificate of Achievement