Tobago Hospitality & Tourism Institute’s partnerships with several educational institutions, organizations and businesses, both locally and internationally, means students have a world of opportunities for internships and further education.
We recognize the importance of applying the skills taught in the classroom in the real world. Students will be placed in positions which best match their interests and field of study after they have completed the course work. Through our internships, students get first-hand experience in their desired career choices at:
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, Tobago
- Mount Irvine Bay Resort, Tobago
- Tropikist Beach Hotel, Tobago
- Blue Waters Inn, Tobago
- Crown Point Beach Hotel, Tobago
- International Work Experience Agency, Trinidad & Tobago, internship opportunities in the USA
- Sandals Resorts anywhere in the Caribbean
- Centre for International Career Development (CICD), internship opportunities worldwide
PATHWAYS TO FURTHER EDUCATION
Tobago Hospitality & Tourism Institute students have the opportunity to apply for academic pathways to pursue further education in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at several local and international institutions:
- Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management (TOURISMUSSCHULEN SALZBURG), Germany
- University of the West Indies St. Augustine, Trinidad
- Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland
- Johnson & Wales University, USA
Frequently Asked Questions
Students must complete all course work then apply for Internship.
Three hundred and twenty hours usually completed over a 3-month period. Some internships opportunities can be extended to 6 months or more.
Some institutions pay a stipend and some do not. The THTI does not mandate any payments to the Interns.
Since the inception of the programme
Locally – Magdalena, Starfish, Stone Haven, Tropikist, Crown Point Beach Hotel, Blue Waters Inn
Caribbean – Various Sandals Resorts
Internationally – Business Hotel Management School (BHMS) Luzern, Switzerland.
The students produce a reflection piece as part of their Internship report
To apply for internships, please contact the Student Services Department.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram