Introduction to Birding
Share this page:
Take This Course
Click the button to chat with a customer service representative.
What You Will Gain:
- A new profession in the tourism sector as a birding guide.
- Improve your ability to identify new species of birds and their behaviour.
- Enhance your professional service offerings within the tourism sector.
- The origin of birds and the naming of birds.
- Taxonomy – classification of birds.
- Basic bird anatomy and physiology.
- Bird identification by sight – size, shape, colour and flight (as birding tools).
- Birding by ear – courtship calls, nesting/feeding fledglings, male vs female, alarm calls, hunting.
- Habitat, environments, season and distribution.
- Essentials of bird migration and navigation.
- Types: Birds of the night, waterbirds and shorebirds.
- Birding sites in the 4 quadrants of Tobago.
- Ethics, safety and security while birding.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not see a next session date for this course, you can still register today and we will notify you as soon as a new date is published. You can then make payments after a date is confirmed.
Submit the registration form on this page. You may need to verify your email address if you are a first time customer. Once completed, the course will be added to your cart and you must complete checkout and make payment.
Yes! We can offer you the option to make a 50% down payment and the balance will be payable.
Cash payments are made at the bank. Account details will be provided after you register.
Yes you will receive your certificate upon completion if all fees haven been paid.