Get certified training by international award-winning customer service industry leader, Uplifting Service. Take the first step to develop world-class skills in delivering customer service excellence in your workplace, in your business and in your community!
In partnership with:
Watch The Video
CEO and other representatives of The Tobago Hospitality & Tourism Institute discuss TICST Programme live on TTT
This training programme is sponsored by the Tobago House of Assembly through the Tobago Tourism Agency Limited. It is free to individuals who live and work in Tobago. No education or prior experience is required.
Learn The 5 Principles of Service Excellence
1. The Six Levels of ServiceTM
- Develop a practical definition of service excellence
- Recognize different levels of internal and external service
- Understand why service must continuously improve
- Identify specific action steps to improve
- Discover the definition of service excellence
- Understand the Six Levels of Service
- Appreciate rising customer expectations
- Discover why today’s standards are not good enough for tomorrow
- Develop team and personal action plans
2. The Four Categories of ValueTM
- Understand how customers obtain
- Identify key categories where you can increase service value
- Evaluate the experience you deliver and set goals for the future
- Create plans to add more value in each category
- Discover the four value categories: primary product, delivery systems, service mindset and ongoing relationships
- Recognize where customers express
what they value
- Learn proven techniques to boost your performance
- Identify practical steps to add service value now
3.Your Perception PointsTM
- Map the flow of your service transactions, from your customers
point of view
- Identify key internal and external perception points
- Apply the Six Levels of Service to all
- Create action steps to improve service
- Learn how to map out service transactions
- Discover how customers perceive your service
- Understand the power in ‘moments of truth’
- Identify hidden opportunities for service
- Commit to specific improvements
4. Take Personal ResponsibilityTM
- Learn why blame, shame and excuses
are poor responses to service problems
- Discover how language impacts our service reputation
- Take personal responsibility for service
improvement with specific action plans
- Identify where blame, shame and excuses exist in your organization
- Eliminate blame, feeling shame and making excuses
- Take personal responsibility to upgrade your service and uplift your service culture
5. Bounce! With Service RecoveryTM
- Understand why upset customers can
be a tragedy or an opportunity, and how
your attitudes and actions will make the
- Recognize the three actions you must take to earn higher levels of loyalty in service recovery situations
- Identify the three key steps in effective
- Learn how to bounce UP to higher levels of loyalty than ever before
- Learn how to turn angry complaints into sincere compliments
Take Part In This Workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The overall objective of this project is to improve the quality of customer service delivered at all key contact points in Tobago. The Tobago Tourism Agency Limited (TTAL) in collaboration with the Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute (THTI) has forged a partnership with international award-winning customer service programme industry leader Uplifting Service, to implement this ground-breaking initiative that will serve as a platform for developing a culture of customer service excellence in Tobago. This is expected to be achieved by training public and private sector front line staff, their supervisors and managers
The Tobago Industry Customer Service Training Programme is being spearheaded by the Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd which has overall responsibility for financing and overseeing the project. This role includes supporting initiatives to enable successful service culture change, including public awareness campaigns, service measures and metrics, and service recognition/rewards.
The Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute is responsible for planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating training of individuals and organizations across all touch points in Tobago over the next 3 years, beginning in March 2022.
Uplifting Service is an international customer service training company operating out of Singapore with Ron Kaufman as founder and CEO. This company has a global reputation and has worked with many multinational corporations including Johnson & Johnson, Steris, BASF, Microsoft, Singapore Airlines, Changi Airport, and Xerox to help them gain a sustainable advantage through service. Find out more about Uplifting Service at: www.upliftingservice.com
Ron Kaufman is the Founder and CEO of Uplifting Service, a worldwide education and consulting company that enables large and small organizations to delight customers, improve performance, distinguish brands, and build Uplifting Service cultures. Ron is author of the New York Times bestseller, “Uplifting Service! The Proven Path to Delighting Your Customers, Colleagues and Everyone Else You Meet” and 14 other books on service, business and inspiration. Ron’s unique approaches to learning and leadership have been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and Harvard Business Review. For the past four years, GlobalGurus has ranked Ron the #1 Customer Service Guru in the world. Ron presents insights and best practices from working with clients worldwide for thirty years. In 2020, GlobalGurus ranked Uplifting Service the #1 Customer Service Development Program in the world. Ron moved to Asia in 1990 to help Singapore Airlines and the government of Singapore create and launch a national service quality training organization
This training is designed to transform service delivery at every touch point across Tobago. The programme will play a vital role in helping public sector organizations, businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals in Tobago to connect service excellence concepts to the execution of their daily duties.
Your role in this training programme is to participate in the workshops and implement the principles and tools to:
- Solve service problems.
- Achieve your service improvement goals.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement.
Make the high quality capacity building training a part of you and become a certified Service Champion!
The programme will be delivered across Tobago over a three-year period. Training will typically involve participating in up to 5 workshops within a given period of time that the participant has scheduled to complete the programme.
The training will be delivered in a variety of formats which includes workshops, coaching and online self-help tools. The schedule and location of the training is flexible and customized to meet the needs of individuals and organizations, it includes online (due to Covid-19 restrictions), in-person (face-to-face) at THTI Campus in Mt. St. George or on-site at the employer’s location. The workshops will be conducted in groups of 20-25 persons. We recognise that some participants will require or prefer one type of training format over another and therefore we remain committed to delivering training when and where it is needed.
The cost to the participants is free. This training is funded by the Tobago House of Assembly and managed by the Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd.
You can contact the Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute for information regarding this training programme, such as registration, scheduling, etc. You can reach us at 868-313-0456 or email email@example.com