The Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute (THTI) is a training institute for the tourism and hospitality sector in Tobago. Its mission is to develop the human resource capacities for the tourism industry, by providing relevant programmes and courses, being a repository of information for the industry, using high quality teaching staff, state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities, and providing quality service within a professional and hospitable environment.
THTI is seeking suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of:
LECTURER (Culinary Arts)
This individual is responsible for teaching students, developing course materials and documentation, conducting practical sessions and organizing workshops and capsule programs to a high standard of professionalism. The incumbent also has an advisory role in supporting students. He/she is also expected to contribute to the overall operation of the Institute and support its mission as well as that of the Industry as a whole.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares lesson plans and instructional aids.
- Conducts assigned theoretical and practical sessions to support the training activities of THTI.
- Works individually with students to provide initial and ongoing academic support and career guidance.
- Provide feedback on students’ progress and achievement according to guidelines established by the Department.
- Prepares, reviews, and revises course guides, syllabi, and curricula for the Institute’s training programmes.
- Enforces Institute policies regarding dress and deportment of students.
- Exercises due care and diligence of resources and facilities utilized in the execution of one’s duties.
- Represents the Institute at various events, meetings and other functions from time to time as agreed with the Dean – Academic Services.
- Stays abreast of new developments in his/her area(s) of specialization.
- Contributes to the growth of the Institute by serving on Committees, assisting with visitors, recommending students as potential employees, and displaying hospitality.
- Performs the role of Evening Coordinator and invigilates Final Examinations as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of the subject area.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of ability to conduct high quality research.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to teach and to supervise academic work.
- Ability to teach baking courses as and when required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts from a recognized tertiary level educational institution.
- Two (2) to three (3) years teaching/training experience
- Industry experience would be a definite asset.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Manager-Human Resources
Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute
Mt. St. George
Email address: email@example.com
Closing date of application: December 31st 2019
WE THANK ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS, BUT ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WOULD BE REQUIRED TO START IMMEDIATELY.